Greetings, felicitations, and fluffy dice.

GREETINGS, FELICITATIONS AND FLUFFY DICE

Now, you probably don’t know me, so let me introduce myself. My name is Jack Rowlands, although people tend to call me Mad Jack. I can’t think why.

Anyway, for my day job, I am an Alley Cat. What’s an Alley Cat, I hear you ask? In a very strange voice, I might add. Well, the Alley Cats are the Bomb Disposal team of National Security Command. So, if you’ve got something that you think is going to blow up, just give me a ring.

It’s a real man’s life in the Alley Cats. We do real man things, like weight training, marathon running, knitting, and highland dancing. And don’t believe everything you hear. One ballet lesson, ONE. Do they let you forget? Do they drumsticks! So, by way of relaxation, I entertain the team with a few of my hilarious stories. Well, I think they’re funny.

In among my own totally awesome original stories are ones based on tales I have heard. Some of them could be described as traditional. My grandfather would have heard them. Others are more modern. Now, I have tried to establish the copyright of these stories, but I have not been able to trace the authors. If you feel I have breached your copyright, first know that it was not deliberate, and accept my apology. Secondly, please let me know, and I will be happy to amend future issues. Now, is that or is that not fair?

Wednesday 29 February 2012

The T Team

Mavis Black read the card that someone had slipped into her bag. It said "If you want to hire the T Team, be at Ye Olde Saxon Violets Coffee Shoppe at exactly 10:00." She checked her watch. It was 10:00 precisely. She looked around anxiously but, apart from the waitress, did not see anyone that looked like a troubleshooter. The waitress came over to her table and sat down.

"You can't sit there, I'm waiting for someone."

"Mavis Black?"

"Yes, that's me."

As if on cue a bright pink GMC Vandura screamed to a halt outside the coffee shop. Two women burst out of the van and, along with the waitress, bundled Mavis inside before speeding off.

The waitress pulled off her blonde wig to reveal a head of blond hair styled in exactly the same way. "Mavis Black, you've just hired the T Team. I'm Anabelle Smith. What can we do for you?"

"I represent a group of people that are trying to keep a children's hospice open. But there are developers that want the land. We need you to help us raise enough funds to buy the land outright."

"Leave it to us, because WE ARE... THE T TEAM."

Mavis was startled by a military fanfare. A young woman dressed in clothes that had clearly been curtains recently and wearing a peaked bunny cap pulled a mobile phone from her jeans. "Robert, I told you not to phone me at work." She shut the phone off.

"Your husband?" Mavis asked.

 "My psychiatrist." Responded the woman.

--

Anabelle Smith looked over her team. They had stood together loyally for many years. Yes, there had been disagreements, even conflicts, but somehow they were always sorted out. "OK, ladies, these good people need our help and they are going to get it. Agreed?"

"Agreed, Anabelle." They chorused.

 "Temperance, your job is to get the sponge. Beatrice, the jelly. Aysha-Emma."

"Don't tell me. It's the fruit. It's always the fruit." Aysha-Emma Maddox turned her cap so the peak faced backwards, thrust her hands in her pockets and strolled out.

"Do you trust her, Anabelle?"

"Beatrice Anastasia Bacchus, how can you say that? Maddox has always come through for us."

"She's a crazy fool."

"That's not nice," said Temperance Pike.

"She's helped you out on many occasions."

"You mean knocking me out all those times?"

"Well, at least you didn't get seasick."

"I don't get seasick. I just hate boats."

"Ladies, ladies. We have jobs to do. Let's get to it."

In a couple of hours, the team reassembled and set to work. Once the ingredients were combined it was put into the fridge to set. The ladies of the Rotary Club applauded the team when they were presented with the finished product.

 Annabelle turned to the other ladies and just said...

 "I love it when a flan comes together."

No comments:

Post a Comment